- Peter Bui's Weaver is included. Weaver is a high level interface to Makeflow which allows to describe workflows using python. For more information see cctools/doc/man/weaver.1 and cctools/weaver/examples in the distribution.
- This is also the first release to include DeltaDB, written by Peter Ivie and Douglas Thain. DeltaDB implements a model for time-varying schema-free data and underlies the query engine for the CCTools catalog server.
- Backwards compatibility of master and workers pre-4.3 is broken. Workers from 4.3 cannot connect to masters pre-4.3, and masters from 4.3 will not accept connection from workers pre-4.3. The API did not change, thus unless you want to take advantage of new features, you should not need to modify your code.
- The interface to work_queue_pool has been simplified, and all options have to be specified at the command line. Please see cctools/doc/man/work_queue_pool.1 for more information.
- Undefined environment variables used in Makeflow are no longer allowed by the parser.
- Binaries for 32bit architectures are not being distributed as part of this release. Please let us know if you need them.
- [WorkQueue] Perl object oriented bindings have been added. See perldoc Work_Queue::Queue [B. Tovar]
- [WorkQueue] A priority per task can now be specified. [D. Thain, B. Tovar]
- [WorkQueue] --single-shot option added to workers to exit quickly after the master disconnects [D. Thain].
- [WorkQueue] Hierarchy statistics when using foremen are now available. [B. Tovar, M. Wolf]
- [WorkQueue] work_queue_pool code cleanup. [D. Thain, B. Tovar]
- [Makeflow] New lexer and parser with cleaner semantics and error reporting. [B. Tovar]
- [Parrot] Bug fix that allows parrot's temp-dir to be on GPFS. [P. Donnelly]
- [Parrot] Several fixes to better support executables with threads. [P. Donnelly]
- [Parrot] Update to use the newer ptrace API. [P. Donnelly]
- [Parrot] Several updates to parrot_package_run. See cctools/doc/man/parrot_package_run. [H. Meng]
- [Parrot] iRODS 4.x support. [D. Thain]
You can download the software here: cctools download
Thanks goes to the contributors and testers for this release: Peter Bui, Patrick Donnelly, Nick Hazekamp, Peter Ivie, Kangkang Li, Haiyan Meng, Peter Sempolinski, Douglas Thain, Ben Tovar, Lee-Ping Wang, Matthias Wolf, Anna Woodard, and Charles Zheng